Welcome to CocoNuts !
CocoNuts is a collection of small characterful beach-front bungalows, set in a shady tropical garden.
The bungalows are fully furnished and equipped for self-catering, and provided with all household linen (included beach towels).
At the end of the lawn, beach loungers and coconut palms await you before the gentle and shining Merville Beach...
We, the owners live on the property. We are always happy to advise on things to do and see.
Soomatee, Jothi and Jayan are CocoNuts friendly staff who have been with us for more then 15 years. They are present every day (except Sunday and public holidays), to do the cleaning, the laundry and the ironing free of charge. You may arrange with them to cook a typical mauritian meal after working hours for a little extra.
Where is CocoNuts ?
CocoNuts is situated in Grand Bay in the North of Mauritius.
Grand- Bay has multiple facilities including shops of all sorts, bazar, restaurants (creole/chinese/italian/french/indian), cinema, banks, beauty salons and hair-dressers, doctors, dentists, pharmacies, chiropractor, physiotherapist etc.
CocoNuts is 10min walk from the nearest supermarket, 200m from the nearest bus stop and 100m from a taxi-rank.
What to do ?
- Relax on the beach
- Swim in the wide safe lagoon
- Explore the bay in the kayak
- Paddle! we got a Stand up Paddle !
- Play petanque
- Go snorkeling just off the beach up to the rocky point
- Have a massage in your bungalow, by our excellent masseuse
- Join us, the ownrs, for a yoga class at the local himalayan yoga centre
- Kite Surf - we are 20min away from Anse la Raie kite surfing lagoon and kite school
- Book an island catamaran trip or explore the many other tourist activities proposed by agencies in Grand-Bay
- More questions ? see you at the FAQ page